Thinking about a career in Hospitality?
The Hospitality Industry offers so many career opportunities and our Certificate III in Hospitality - SIT30616 provides you with a qualification that can take you anywhere – from bars to clubs, from airlines and cruise liners to 5 star hotels.
Possible job opportunities include: food & beverage attendant, espresso coffee machine operator, bar attendant, function attendant or waiter.
START DATE: Wednesday June 12 - 9am
WHERE: IgnIte Education, 164 Duringan St, Currumbin QLD 4223
- Real work experience at Currumbin RSL
- Relevant training
- Full range of training, bar, barista and restaurant service
- Includes RSA
- Giving students career options
Possible Job Outcomes:
- Bar attendant
- Food and beverage attendant
- Clean and tidy bar area – SITHFAB001
- Provide responsible service of alcohol – SITHFAB002
- Operate a Bar – SITHFAB003
- Prepare and serve espresso coffee SITHFAB005
Front of House
- Serve food and beverage – SITHFAB007
- Process financial transactions – SITXFIN001
Health and Safety
- Use hygienic practices for food safety – SITXFSA001
- Participate in safe work practices – SITXWHS001
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices – BSBSUS201
- Provide service to customers – SITXCCS006
- Show social and cultural sensitivity – SITXCOM002
- Work effectively with others – BSBWOR203
- Coach others in job skills – SITXHRM001
- Work effectively in hospitality service – SITHIND004
- Source and use information on the hospitality industry – SITHIND002
Duration: This is a 5 week course (4 days per week) plus mandatory work experience at Currumbin RSL
As a School Based Traineeship this will take between 12 – 18 months
Accreditation: On successful completion – Certificate III in Hospitality – SIT30616
Delivery: Flexible delivery – online or on campus
Units: 15 units; 7 core units and 8 elective units
Inclusions: All resources
Cost: Government funded for eligible students*
- $25.00 Concessional & $50.00 Non-Concessional*
- No cost for School Based Traineeship
- Full fee paying student $1,800.00
- Full upfront fee is not required at time of enrolment(Payment Plan Options Available)
RPL: Recognition of Prior Learning applies. RPL is about skills and knowledge you’ve gained through work and life experiences. Your skill swill be assessed against industry standards and completed by our RPL assessor. If you are interested in this process please let our team know at enrolment.
Call us today on 07 5559 5077 or contact us using the enquiry form.
Certificate 3 Guarantee
The Certificate 3 Guarantee supports eligible individuals to complete their first post-school certificate III qualification. It also supports school students to access training and Queensland's Year 12 graduates to transition to employment by providing free training in high priority qualifications.
What training is available?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee is targeted at certificate III qualifications because they are considered the entry-level qualification most often needed to gain employment in many industry sectors.
Foundation skills and lower level vocational qualifications may also be delivered based on the learning needs of the student.
*For more information about Certificate 3 Guarantee & Government funding for eligible students please click here to visit the QLD Government website.