Should a student withdraw from a course for any reason, a full or partial refund may be applicable. Information below outlines some of the circumstances under which a refund may be granted. [Government funded students – refer to refund requirements of the funding agreement]
If you wish to withdraw from a course, you must advise Ignite Education in writing of your decision within 14 days. Please complete the Refunds Application Form available from Ignite Education Administration and send your form plus notification to request a refund to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Your name
- Contact details (address, phone, email etc.)
- Effective date of the cancellation
- Application for refund form including reason for refund request, all documents relevant to consideration of the claim
Your application will be reviewed, and you will be advised of the outcome within 7 working days. Please note the following information in relation to refunds
- If Ignite Education receives fees paid in arrears, then the refund policy is not applicable.
- The refund policy and procedures apply to those students who pay their fees in advance.
- In making a contract to enrol in a course at Ignite Education the applicant acknowledges the following:
- That the information provided by the applicant in their application is complete and correct.
- Agrees to be bound by Ignite Education ‘s rules and regulations and any amendments made to the rules and regulations.
- Agrees to undertake a testing requirement prior to any course entry, if deemed necessary by Ignite Education.
- Agrees to pay all fees required on or before the due date as notified in writing by Ignite Education or as per the invoice.
- Ignite Education will access these fees in accordance with the procedures established by the State Government and the Australian Department of Employment, Education and Workplace Relations (DEEWR).
- Ignite Education reserves the right to accept or reject any application for enrolment at its discretion.
CANCELLATION OF COURSE BY IGNITE EDUCATION
- In the event that a course is cancelled by Ignite Education for any reason, students enrolled at the time of the cancellation announcement will have their fees fully refunded. Students who may have already been assessed as competent for some units in the course will be issued a Statement of Attainment for those units.
- Refunds are made in accordance with the policy below and full refunds of amounts owed to the student are made within 14 working days.
Tuition fees and application fees to be refunded in full if:
- The course stops being provided after it starts but before it’s completed.
- The course is not provided fully to the student because the college has a sanction imposed on it by a government regulator.
- The course does not start on the agreed starting date
- Refunds under the above conditions are paid in full to the student within 14 working days.
WITHDRAWAL PRIOR TO COMMENCEMENT OF COURSE
If you withdraw from a course prior to commencing any learning and/or assessment tasks associated with the course, a refund of the full course fees will be made less an administration fee of $50. This is because Ignite Education will have already expended resources associated with setting up student records and providing materials.
Should a student cancel their own enrolment then they may be entitled to a full refund (less the enrolment fee). They must apply in writing to the GENERAL MANAGER, Ignite Education (with supporting documentation) providing the following criterion is met:
- Fees and charges have been paid in full before the commencement of the training and the cancellation occurs during the enrolment period.
WITHDRAWAL AFTER COMMENCEMENT OF COURSE
- If the course has already commenced, a pro-rata refund may be calculated for the units of study not already started
- Tuition fees for User Choice agreements based on nominal hours will be refunded for the units not trained
- Any co-contribution fees paid for Government subsidised training will be refunded for the units not trained
The following table outlines reasons why a refund may be requested and the amount of tuition fees
that are refunded to the student by Ignite Education
Withdrawal Reason - Amount Refunded
- Withdrawal at least 1 week prior to the agreed start date - Full refund less an administration fee of $50
- Withdrawal on/after agreed start date - 50% refund
- Withdrawal after the agreed start date - No refund
- Course withdrawn by Ignite Education - Full refund
- Ignite Education is unable to provide the course for which the original offer was made - Full refund
Refund is provided to student as per this Refund Policy and Procedures
WITHDRAWAL DUE TO ILLNESS OR HARDSHIP
In circumstances of illness and/or extreme hardship/other cases, you may withdraw and be entitled to a partial refund under the following conditions:
- Satisfactory evidence for withdrawal (e.g. medical certificate) must be provided
- A non-refundable administration fee $50 will be deducted from any eligible refund
- Any refund will be at the discretion of Ignite Education
APPEALING THE REFUND DECISION
- This agreement and the availability of the complaints and appeals procedure do not remove the student’s rights to take action under Australia’s consumer protection laws or to contact the state Training Ombudsman.
- Ignite Education dispute resolution process does not circumscribe the student’s right to pursue other legal remedies.
- The student can refer to Ignite Education ’s complaints and appeals procedure if they wish to appeal the refund policy.
- Tuition fees are not transferable to another person or institution.
- Ignite Education reserves the right to change, alter or amend curricula, syllabi, course structure, fees and any other matter pertaining to the provision of a course at any time. Ignite Education changes, alterations and amendments may be made without notice.
- If Ignite Education has to change any of the refund conditions for any reason, all students are notified of the change in writing.
- Refunds will only be paid to the person that enters into the contract with Ignite Education unless Ignite Education receives written direction to pay the refund to somebody else.
Complete the form below and we will get right back to you!