School Based Traineeships Gold Coast
A school based traineeship allows you to combine work and training into your school timetable while working towards a recognised qualification.
Not only do you get valuable work experience, you also get paid while you learn.
Some of the benefits of a traineeship include:
- Confidence building in the workplace and learning practical skills and experience for that industry.
- A traineeship can enable you to gain valuable work experience and get paid while you learn. You will also get a qualification that is recognised across Australia.
- A School Based Traineeship can take up to 12 months to complete. You will need to work a minimum of 8 hours per week on average in the work place.
- You will also need to complete your off-the-job training with Ignite Education – this can include on campus or online. It is up to you.
Most students who finish their School Based Traineeship are highly likely to keep the job they are in. So whilst you are at school you will have constant income and an accreditation at the end of it to open doors to this wonderful world. The School Based Traineeship also goes towards your QCE points. (See your ILO at school to discuss).
Who can be a school based trainee?
A school based trainee is a year 10 – 12 student still attending high school.
It is someone that loves to work with people, would love to work in Hospitality/Business and wants an exciting career or maybe something to fall back on later on in life.
How do I become a school based trainee?
1. Research industries or professions that interest you and align with your career goals.
2. Identify businesses or organisations that offer school-based traineeships in those areas.
3. Speak with Careers Officer/ILO. They can provide information about available traineeship programs, industries, and employers
4. Create a well-organised resume that highlights your skills, achievements, and any relevant coursework or extracurricular activities.
5. Look for school-based traineeship opportunities through various channels, including online job boards, company websites, and industry associations.
6. Attend career fairs or industry events where you may have the chance to meet potential employers.
What does the school based traineeship entail?
- Cert III Business - You will complete 50 days (375 hours minimum) in this time, approximately 7.5 hours per week. This can take up to 12 months.
- These hours can be during a school week or on weekends or both.
- You will be paid an award wage (Depends on what award Employer is working under) Please refer to Fair Work website.
Certificate III in Business is one day per week paid employment and training is on school campus and at the workplace.
Does it cost anything?
No, your Certificate III does not cost you a thing.
What are the benefits for me as a student to become a school based trainee?
1. Work Experience: School-based traineeships provide students with valuable work experience while they are still in school. This allows you to gain practical knowledge in a real-world work environment.
2. Skill Development: As a school-based trainee, you have the opportunity to develop a range of skills relevant to your chosen industry. These skills can include both technical skills related to the specific job and soft skills such as communication, teamwork, and time management.
3. Industry Insight: Being a school-based trainee gives you firsthand experience in a particular industry. This exposure helps you understand the industry's workings, culture, and expectations, which can be beneficial when making future career decisions.
4. Networking Opportunities: Engaging in a school-based traineeship allows you to build connections with professionals in your chosen field. Networking can be crucial for future job opportunities and career growth.
5. Combining Work and Study: School-based traineeships often allow you to balance work commitments with your school studies. This combination can enhance your ability to manage time effectively and juggle multiple responsibilities.
6. Increased Employability: Having work experience and practical skills gained through a school-based traineeship can make you more attractive to potential employers. It demonstrates to future employers thatyou have real-world experience and are proactive in your career development.
The Certificate III in Business (BSB30120) is designed to provide individuals with foundational skills and knowledge in various aspects of business operations. The specific units and content covered in the course may include areas such as customer service, communication, teamwork, problem-solving, and basic administrative tasks. This certificate is part of the Business Services Training Package (BSB), which includes a range of qualifications related to business and administration
Most students who finish their School Based Traineeship will highly likely keep the job they are in. So whilst you are at school you will have constant income and an accreditation at the end of it to open doors to this wonderful world. The school based traineeship also goes towards your QCE points. (See your ILO at school to discuss).
If you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact us on 07 5559 5077.
For more information about Certificate 3 Guarantee & Government funding for eligible students please click the links below to visit the QLD Government website.
C3G - https://desbt.qld.gov.au/training/training-careers/incentives/certificate3
Trainees (including SAT’s): https://desbt.qld.gov.au/training/training-careers/incentives/userchoice
Want to know what traineeship opportunities are available in your area? Please contact us on 07 5559 5077 to find out or contact us here.