Traineeship Information for Employers
INVESTING IN TRAINEES MAKES SENSE!
School Based Traineeships allow high school students to work for your business and train towards a recognised qualification while still completing their secondary school studies. Employing a trainee can be extremely rewarding.
- It can strengthen your business by training people in skills that meet the needs of the business.
- It can also help build the broader skills base needed to keep an industry strong.
- School Based Trainees also offer employers financial incentives through Federal & State Government funding.
What obligations will you have as an employer?
If you employ a trainee, your obligations will include:
- Provide on the job training in a supportive environment
- Ensure your trainee is adequately supervised by a qualified person
- Provide 50 days of paid employment each year for the trainee
- Pay wages and provide entitlements as per your relevant industry award
- Update the training record book at regular intervals through the traineeship
So you are interested but you need more information, simply contact us and let us do all the work for you!
- Recruit students before sending them to you to interview
- Create a training plan that suits your business plan
- Arrange the appointment for the sign up with all parties
- Give ongoing assistance until the traineeship is completed
Contact us to find out how a trainee can be a benefit to your business!
School Based Trainees also offer employers financial incentives through Federal & State Government funding.
Like to know more about our Traineeship programs